(EFFECTIVE AS OF April 1, 2015)
TJS Radio operates a personalized Internet radio service available through the web: www.tjsla.com, mobile phones, tablets, automobiles, and other consumer electronic devices (the “TJS Radio Service or “Service“). As we use it in this policy, “TJS Radio” refers to TJS Radio and its subsidiaries. This policy applies to all TJS Radio-authorized operations of the Service in the United States and respective territories (the “Authorized Territories“). We may refer to TJS Radio as “we“, “us“, or “our“. We may refer to you as “listener“, “you“, or “your“. The purpose of this policy is to inform you about the information we collect, how we use and share that information, and the ways in which you can control how we use and share that information.
Information We Receive or Collect
Information We Receive or Collect From You Directly
Registration Data: When you register, we ask you to provide certain information, which includes your email address, birth year, gender, and zip code (the “Registration Data“), as well as a password for your listener account.
Information You Choose to Provide to TJS Radio: You have the ability to provide a variety of information during your interactions with the us and the TJS Radio Service, such as emails you may send us, polls or surveys you choose to participate in, ads you respond to, and emails or newsletters that you sign up to receive. TJS Radio receives data from you whenever you provide us with any of this type of information.
Listening Activity: When you use the Service, we keep track of your listening activity, which may include the number and title of songs you have listened to, the songs that you like (thumb up) or dislike (thumb down), the stations you create or listen to, the number of songs you skip, and how long you listen to a station.
Community Posting: You have the ability to post comments and information in community networking features available on or accessible through the Service, such as your public profile, artist and album forums, our blog, and our social networking pages. Unless you affirmatively delete the content you post, TJS Radio collects this content and stores it on our servers.
Technical Information: As is true of many websites and mobile and tablet applications, TJS Radio may collect certain non-personally identifiable technical information through the use of log files and servers. Web and application servers create log files automatically as part of their setup and configuration. Information in a log file may include IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, date/time stamps, MAC address, file requested, and other usage information and statistics.
Information We Receive or Collect From Devices You Use To Access The Service
Device Information: If you access and listen to the Service from a computer, automobile, mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other consumer electronic device, we may collect information about those devices. For example, our servers receive and record information about your computer and browser, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, and other software or hardware information. If you access the Service from a mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other consumer electronic device, we may collect information such as device type, operating system version and type, unique identifiers (such as Android ID, VIN, MAC address, and IDFA), and carrier or other transactional information for that device.
Location Information: Apart from your zip code, we currently do not ask you for, nor do we access or track, any real-time location-based information from your mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other consumer electronics device. If at some point we enable GPS or near-real location tracking technology, you will be asked to consent to allow such collection and use.
Information We Receive or Collect From Third Parties
We may receive or collect information about you from third parties and store it on our servers with other information we may have already received or collected from you. These third parties include:
- Service partners and advertisers that make features or content available through the Service;
- Marketing companies and data providers that create professional marketing lists or sell other marketing data;
- Third party social media websites, applications or services that you have registered to use, when we allow those websites, applications, or services to interact through the Service to provide personalized services to you. In some cases, those websites, applications, or services may automatically provide us with information about you to facilitate personalization unless you use the controls available on those websites, applications, or services to opt-out of such sharing; and
- People who store or post information about you on the community features of the TJS Radio Service, or by your enabling connectivity with another website, application, or service where friends or other listeners store such information. For instance, your friends may store information about you in places such as their friend lists, address books, or photos on our Service or other websites, applications, or services such as social media applications with which the TJS Radio Service interacts.
Information Collection Technologies
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your browser’s “help” documentation. If you do not accept first party cookies you may still use our Service, but your ability to use some areas of our website, and the ability to stay logged in will be limited.
Beacons and tracking pixels: TJS Radio, its third party advertising partners, and tracking-utility partners employ a technology known as “beacons” or “tracking pixels” (each, a “Beacon”). A Beacon is a small one-pixel-by-one-pixel clear image that is embedded in HTML content, and is about the size of a period at the end of a sentence. When HTML content containing a Beacon is rendered, the Beacon transmits anonymous, non-personally identifiable information to a server, such as a numeric count, unique identifier, or IP address. TJS Radio and its advertising partners use Beacons to help us better manage content on our Service. For example, we may place a Beacon in HTML-based emails to let us know which emails recipients have opened, or on a webpage to count the number of unique visitors to that page. The use of a Beacon allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and of our marketing campaigns.
How We Use The Information We Receive or Collect
In General: In general, TJS Radio may use your Registration Data and other non-personally identifiable information we receive or collect for the following purposes:
- To customize and personalize the advertising and other content we deliver to you.
- To analyze Service usage and enhance the listener experience on our Service. We use tracking information to determine how well each page and station performs overall, based on aggregate listener demographics and traffic patterns to those pages and stations. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- To fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as distributing electronic newsletters and enabling you to participate in and renew paid services, surveys, and public forums.
- To send you information that you agreed to receive.
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Service.
- To invite you to participate in events or special promotions related to artists or products we think you may like or in which you may be interested.
- To pay artists and copyright owners for tracks you hear, by reporting listening information to copyright licensing agencies. These reports contain aggregated data only, and do not include any personally identifiable information.
Email: With regards to email, we do not sell or give your email address to other companies for their own marketing purposes without your permission. However, we may use your email address or other Registration Data to provide you with technical support, send you notices about the Service or other promotional offers you have elected to receive, and to serve you with ads that are more relevant to your interests. We may occasionally work with data partners and advertising platforms to help increase the relevancy of ads we provide to our listeners. In doing so, we may provide such companies with information representing an encrypted or hashed value derived from information you have provided to us, such as your email address.
How We Share Information We Receive or Collect With Others
How Your Information Is Shared: TJS Radio may share information we receive or collect in a variety of ways, such as:
- When you give TJS Radio permission through an affirmative election (clicking “yes” in response to a message such as “share my email with this advertiser”).
- When you participate in community and social networking features on the TJS Radio Service, such as forums, station sharing, listener opinions and reviews, or other forms of communication and interaction which you elect to make public or share on public profiles or in other public forums.
- If we hire or partner with third parties to provide specialized services on our behalf, such as credit card processors, customer support, bulk email processors who send out emails on our behalf, or parties who assist us with sweepstakes management and prize fulfillment. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to TJS Radio. They are not authorized to use your personal information for their own purposes.
- If you have given permission to a third party for us to share your data with them. For example, if you participate as a panelist in a survey with an analytics company. You may, as part of your agreement with that company, have authorized that company to receive data from us about you.
Sharing of Personally Identifiable Information: We do not share personally identifiable information with third parties other than as described in this policy. However, we may share your information, including personally identifiable information, in order to (i) protect or defend the legal rights or property of TJS Radio, or the legal rights of our business partners, employees, agents, and contractors (including enforcement of our agreements); (ii) protect the safety and security of TJS Radio users or members of the public including acting in urgent circumstances; (iii) protect against fraud or risk management purposes; or (iv) comply with the law or legal process. Additionally, we may share your data, including any personally identifiable information, with our successor in interest in the event of a corporate reorganization, merger, or sale of all or substantially all of our assets.
Sharing of Device Data: TJS Radio may share information from devices you use to access the Service with its third party vendors or service providers, manufacturing or distribution partners, or its advertising partners. We share this information for a variety of purposes including mobile listening capping, advertising frequency capping, tracking advertising conversion events, estimating the number of unique users, security and fraud detection, debugging problems with the TJS Radio Service, and for providing you with more relevant advertisements.
Sharing of Anonymized, Non-Personally Identifiable or Aggregated Data: TJS Radio may share non-personally identifiable information we receive or collect from you with third parties. Such anonymous, non-personally identifiable or aggregated data may include general demographic or location information (derived from zip code or IP address), information about the computer or device from which you access the Service, or information about the stations, tracks, and artists you listen to, thumb-up, thumb-down, or bookmark. Additionally, we may de-identify personally identifiable information, such as listening data and share it in a de-identified or aggregated form with third parties, advertisers, and/or business partners in order to analyze Service usage, improve the TJS Radio Service and your listener experience, or for other similar purposes. The use and disclosure of such information is not subject to any restrictions under this policy.
Information You Disclose in a Public Profile or in Public Forums: The TJS Radio Service offers publicly accessible and available profile pages, community forums (such as artist, song, or advertiser pages), blogs, and pages on social media platforms. You should be aware that any information you provide or post in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. If your profile is public, any information you place in your user profile, including biographical information, the people you are following, and the people whom you allow to follow you, may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
TJS Radio Profile Visibility: When you register for the TJS Radio Service, your profile and listening activity will be public. When the visibility of your TJS Radio profile is set to public, the Service automatically publishes your listening activity to your profile. For example, if you create a new station or thumb up a song, that activity will be posted in your TJS Radio profile for members of the public to view.
Security and Content From Other Websites
Protection of Data From Loss: We have implemented commercially reasonable physical and electronic security measures, in addition to personnel training programs to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information we collect or receive from you. For example, when you enter sensitive information (such as a credit card number) on our order forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). However, despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Links to Other Web Sites: Our Service and certain advertisements on our Service include links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from those of TJS Radio. If you submit personal information to any of those websites, the privacy statements of those websites govern their use of your information. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
Use of Framing Techniques: Some of our third party partners may utilize framing techniques to serve content to and from webpages accessible through our Service while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that if a partner utilizes framing techniques that you are providing your personal information to these third party partners and not to TJS Radio.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third parties to whom we disclosed their personal information (if any) for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the categories of personal information disclosed to those third parties. If you are a California resident and you wish to make such a request or have any questions about TJS Radio’s information sharing practices, you may contact us by sending us an email at email@example.com, or write to us at Attn: Listener Support, TJS Radio, 1405 Marcelina Avenue, Suite 102, Torrance, CA 90501, USA.
We will continue to evaluate this policy against new technologies, business practices, and our listeners’ needs, and may make changes to the policy accordingly. Please check this page periodically for updates. If we make any material changes to this policy, we will post the updated terms of the policy here and notify you by email through a message sent to the email address you use to access the TJS Radio Service.